Amobee is a technology company that transforms the way brands and agencies make marketing decisions. The Amobee Marketing Platform enables marketers to plan and activate cross-channel, programmatic media campaigns using real-time market research, proprietary audience data, advanced analytics, and more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, and Twitter. Amobee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest communications technology companies in the world which reaches over 640 million mobile subscribers. The company operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
Did you know Amobee is growing? What about the future of Digital Marketing? It is massive. With more devices, more channels and more cross-platform integrations, the most ambitious marketers now ask Amobee for more help. It is a great time to be in the Digital Marketing. It is a great time to join Amobee. We have an outstanding opportunity for a Senior Manager of Applied Science Engineering.
Amobee’s Senior Manager of Applied Science Engineering is the leader for Amobee’s Applied Science Group responsible for systems related to digital marketing and advertising research. Your mission and group goals revolve around inventing the next generation prediction, optimization, and analytics technology.
Focusing on the future, Amobee’s R&D team is building the next generation of digital advertising technologies that power billions of ad impressions every month. We are constantly innovating – creating and applying technologies in exciting cutting-edge areas: machine learning, constrained optimization, control systems, auction theory, game theory, collaborative filtering, experimental design, and information retrieval to name a few. Our mission is to use hard data and science to make quantum leap improvements in the performance of online ads, enhance the user experience, enable efficient marketplaces, and improve the overall economics of online advertising.
You’ll manage a collaborative environment with your team providing and implementing solutions to previously unimaginable questions and doing this at scale. With over half a billion mobile customers to test algorithms and statistically measure the success of the team’s experiments, you will hit the ground running at Amobee. Along with the numerous petabytes of data to work with, your team is encouraged to publish earnest work. You’ll see the work of your team directly impact all of Amobee’s customers – giant global corporations to regional and local companies. All of them using Amobee technology as a competitive edge in their success.
You should have a Ph.D. in Computer Science with a strong focus on machine learning, or a related field, 5+ years of practical experience applying ML to solve complex problems in digital marketing systems, information retrieval, and 2+ years of practical experience managing one or more machine learning teams.
- Lead a team that advances long-term, exploratory research projects in machine learning and related fields to create highly innovative customer experiences;
- Develop and manage the long-term vision and portfolio of research initiatives for your team;
- Manage the design, development, and evaluation of highly innovative, scalable models and algorithms;
- Lead experienced scientists as well as develop junior members from academia/industry to a successful career track in applied science;
- Grow your team by hiring the best;
- Work with product and software engineering teams to manage the integration of successful models and algorithms in complex, real-time production systems at very large scale;
- Represent Amobee in conferences; published papers and journals.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science (Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent);
- 5+ years of practical experience applying ML to solve complex problems for applications handling huge datasets;
- Hands-on technical knowledge;
- 2+ years’ experience managing Machine Learning Scientists;
- Ability to clarify customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives;
- Experience hiring and leading experienced scientists as well as a successful record of developing junior members from academia/industry to a successful career track
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Must have a track record of scientific publications in premier journals and conferences;
- Skilled with Java, C++, or other programming languages, as well as with R, MATLAB, Python or similar scripting language.
- Ability to manage and quantify the improvement in customer experience or value for the business resulting from research outcomes;
- Previous experience in the advertising industry;
- Knowledge of Java;
- Proven achievements of developing and managing a long-term research vision and portfolio of research initiatives, with algorithms and models that have been successfully integrated in production systems;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
Location: Redwood City
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying for the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.