Sr. Database Administrator - Data Infrastructure
Amobee is a technology company that transforms the way brands and agencies make marketing decisions. The Amobee Marketing Platform enables marketers to plan and activate cross channel, programmatic media campaigns using real-time market research, proprietary audience data, advanced analytics, and more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter. Amobee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest communications technology companies in the world which reaches over 640 million mobile subscribers. The company operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
Data Infrastructure team at Amobee is responsible for building and managing Big data ecosystem components, like very large Hadoop clusters, Spark, extremely fast changing RDBMS environments and different types of storage environments. This is an agile environment that provides opportunity to solve complex and scaling challenges.
As a member of this team, you will be integral part of managing 24X7 big data components. Currently Hadoop environment is at tens of petabytes in size. You will be contributing to day-to-day operational activities. You will also get a chance to contribute on performance improvements and optimization of our Hadoop ecosystem components. You’ll get the chance to take on complex and interesting problems as part of a fast-paced, highly-collaborative team. We've built a complex analytic system around our Hadoop ecosystem for scalability and high availability. It's imperative that you approach administration with an emphasis on repeatability, testability, and consistency. The demands on this system are increasing rapidly as new type of data is ingestion grows,as we add more functionality and products.
The successful candidate for this position will be a self-motivated with an attitude of getting things done. Should be able to see big picture and also be able to deep-dive into details to solve complex problems.
- Own our database infrastructure in production, working closely with engineering on database design.
- Apply in-depth database analysis to project-based work, design solutions to issues, and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Work with fellow team members, development engineers and operations teams on complex problems, and make decisions and recommendations about database improvements after analyzing possible courses of conduct.
- Perform periodic on-call duty as part of a team maintaining the availability and performance of databases, as well as the various internal services and systems that these core services depend on.
- Play a major role in the design and implementation of the backup, recovery and DR strategy.
- Performance analysis and optimization of database infrastructure.
- Database monitoring and capacity planning.
- Perform database upgrades and security patches.
- Manage SAN & NAS storage as needed for Oracle systems.
- Research new database technologies and make recommendations to management.
- Overall DBA experience of at least 10-15 years, with a minimum of 5+ years’ experience managing a large database (Internet scale) in 24x7 environment.
- Hands on experience in Oracle DBA activities like install, upgrade, day-to-day operation on 11g, 12c running on Linux environment.
- High degree of proficiency in SQL, Python/Perl/Ruby and puppet scripts.
- Expert level experience in implementation, setup, maintain and troubleshooting of ASM, RAC, Active Data Guard, Standby.
- Expert level experience in replication technologies like Golden Gate or SharePlex and Materialized views.
- Must have expertise in utilities and tools like Oracle Enterprise Manager, Capacity Planner and performance tools.
- Must have good experience in RMAN backup and restore.
- Experience managing SAN and NAS storage subsystems is also good to have
- BS/MS in a technical field or demonstrated equivalent working experience
- Experience with big data eco-system components like Hadoop, Spark, Oozie, Zookeeper is a big plus.
- System administration experience is highly desired, especially in trouble shooting performance.
- Experience in other RDBMS and NoSQL systems like Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB.
- Working knowledge of using git, puppet, nagios and TSDB.
Location: Redwood City, CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.