Amobee is a technology company that transforms the way brands and agencies make marketing decisions. The Amobee Marketing Platform enables marketers to plan and activate cross channel, programmatic media campaigns using real-time market research, proprietary audience data, advanced analytics, and more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter. Amobee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest communications technology companies in the world which reaches over 640 million mobile subscribers. The company operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
About the Opportunity
Do you have a passion for automation and open source? Do you enjoy problem solving and making complex applications work perfectly? Do you enjoy working closely with Developers and writing scripts/code to automate all aspects of hybrid cloud operations? Then Amobee is the place for you.
We are hiring Sr. DevOps Engineers! As a member of the DevOps Services team, you will be embedded into one or more of our software engineering teams to provide operational service. You will be responsible for delivering service to your assigned team and agnostic solutions to the entire Amobee Engineering organization. You will operate infrastructure and ensure all services are monitored, healthy, automated, and scalable. Tasks will range from server builds to application deployments to system troubleshooting and more. You will strive to bridge the gap between operations and development and help communicate across teams in engineering and business.
- Serve on the DevOps Services Engineering team; responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of the Amobee production environment
- Contribute to the implementation and design of systems and networks used to operate production infrastructure with a focus on automation
- Design, implement and manage continuous pipeline services for the Engineering organization.
- Collaborate with developers on operations-related issues, providing support and guidance
- Develop tools to monitor infrastructure and custom applications
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack
- Document system design and application operation procedures
- Build, monitor and tune production systems
- Take part in a shared 24×7 on-call rotation with the support of a full-time NOC
- 5+ years’ experience working in large-scale production environments
- Strong troubleshooting skills and experience with Linux (exposure to Windows a plus)
- Advanced understanding of Linux, Networking, and Internet principles
- Programming skills in one or more scripting languages
- Experience in monitoring infrastructure and applications using tools like Nagios, Graphite & OpenTSDB
- Experience with automation tools such as Chef, Terraform or Ansible
- Experience with both cloud and physical infrastructure (AWS a plus)
- Experience with container management solutions such as Kubernetes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Experience implementing technologies with a focus on operability, reliability, and scalability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent technical experience)
- Experience with support services such as Consul, Zookeeper & ELK
- Experience with noSQL solutions (Couchbase a plus)
- Experience with big data systems (EMR, Spark & Hive a plus)
- Experience running, performance testing & tuning Java applications (Spring Cloud a plus)
- Experience with message queues (Kafka a plus)
Location: Baltimore, MD
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.