Amobee is a technology company that transforms the way brands and agencies make marketing decisions. The Amobee Marketing Platform enables marketers to plan and activate cross channel, programmatic media campaigns using real-time market research, proprietary audience data, advanced analytics, and more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter. Amobee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest communications technology companies in the world which reaches over 640 million mobile subscribers. The company operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
You are a talented and passionate engineer. You love solving problems and making ideas come to life. You are a lifelong learner who thrives in dynamic environments and enjoys the challenge of learning new technologies and techniques. You like owning things and it is important to you that you can have a personal impact. You are a team player and enjoy collaboration, but you are also self-directed and enjoy the autonomy to be able to manage your own schedule and workload. You appreciate the importance of good communication and know that teamwork takes practice, effort and a good attitude.
You will be a member of the Amobee technology team that owns the linear television advertising services.Our platform supports many of the industry’s largest television networks, MVPDs (your traditional cable company), and advertisers across the world. This job is about the capability and energy that you bring to make world class software.
- Integrate and build services and components to produce highly-available, fault-tolerant, and low-latency near real-time ETL systems and APIs.
- Develop data streams for gathering, aggregating, and processing raw data
- Build interfaces with various partners and customers
- Interact with other world-class digital and traditional advertising teams within Amobee
- Participate and collaborate in the creation and evolution of global scale infrastructure as needed.
- Meet with product managers to provide guidance, plan, documentation, create estimates, and designs for teams and projects.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math or Engineering, or comparable work related experience
- 2+ years of work experience with Java, Python, or Scala
- 2+ years of unix/linux background including shell-scripting
- Understanding and experience working with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MYSQL, SQL Server or Oracle)
- Experience with version control systems (git, hg, svn)
- Experience with big data processing frameworks (Hadoop, Spark)
- Familiarity with NoSQL concepts and platforms (RocksDB, CouchBase, Redis)
- Ability to creatively solve problems and thrive when faced with new and unique challenges
- Familiarity of an agile software project environment
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Outstanding programming and debugging skills
- Familiarity with Build Management, Continuous Integration, and Automated Testing (Maven, Jenkins)
- Understanding and comfort with enterprise frameworks for dependency injection, object relational mapping and logging (Spring Framework, Hibernate, SLF4J)
- 3+ years of experience with Java, Python, or Scala.
- 3+ years of unix/linux background including shell-scripting
- Advanced degree (Masters) in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering
Location: Baltimore, MD
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.