Technical Solutions Engineer/Sr. Technical Solutions Engineer
Amobee is a technology company that transforms the way brands and agencies make marketing decisions. The Amobee Marketing Platform enables marketers to plan and activate cross channel, programmatic media campaigns using real-time market research, proprietary audience data, advanced analytics, and more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter. Amobee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest communications technology companies in the world which reaches over 640 million mobile subscribers. The company operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
Our Technical Solutions Engineering (TSE) team provides a unique opportunity to experience the complete end-to-end architecture of the Amobee product suite. You will help drive technical troubleshooting and develop customized engineering solutions in many areas for both internal and external clients. This includes acquiring a deep understanding of our products and technology, providing support over all features of the product suite, debugging and reproducing client issues, providing root causes/workarounds/resolutions, acting as an advocate of our clients on high-impact and high-visibility features and issues, and collaborating with other engineering teams to identify, report, and resolve product issues. Members of the team find this role compelling due to the opportunities it presents for working across all the features of the platform and engaging with a large variety of teams.
There is tremendous growth and career path for this role. The technical design and diagnosis tasks you will face will be complex and will require a strong analytical, data-driven approach to problem solving.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about technology and thrives in a highly-visible, cross-functional team interactive environment.
- Achieve expert level end-to-end understanding of the Turn product suite
- In-depth diagnosis of incoming technical support cases that have been escalated to tier 3; duties include deep-dive code investigations, access server logs, executing SQL queries, running map-reduce jobs
- Coordinate with engineering teams in identifying, reporting, and resolving product issues
- Develop tools to improve the team's efficiency, fix bugs, develop new custom features
- Partner with clients to understand and develop customized engineering solutions per their online-marketing product and usability requirements
- Participate in design review meetings with product and engineering teams to provide feedback and insight on upcoming product plans
- Mentor and collaborate with TSEs and Customer Success teams
- 0 – 3+ years of relevant work experience; or BA/BS degree in CS, Engineering, or related field; or
- Good programming skills in Java preferred or C++/C#
- Solid knowledge of relational databases (RDBMS) and experience in generating and executing SQL. Oracle is preferred or MySQL
- Experience with Linux development environment is highly desired
- Passion for technology and eager to dive-in to figure out how things work
- Flexible and responsive to dynamic situations and changing priorities; eager to roll up sleeves and do whatever it takes to help make projects and clients successful
- Dedicated, team oriented, creative, and an exceptional problem solver
- Ability to quickly understand business logic and be able to translate into expected technical behavior
- Ability to work independently, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior experience related to ad serving and on-line marketing technology an asset
Location: Redwood City, CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.