Inventory partners (i.e., exchanges, networks, publishers or other inventory sources) participating in the Amobee platform are required to adhere to the Inventory Acceptance Policy and Guidelines. These policies apply to all inventory channels including, but not limited to, Display, Mobile and Digital Video Ad Placements. In addition to these guidelines, it is your responsibility to ensure that the inventory you represent abides by applicable laws, guidelines and policies of that country or state where the relevant ad is delivered.
Please read these policies carefully and refer to this document often. Should you fail to comply with these policies, Amobee reserves the right to disable monetization of your inventory sources and/or terminate your account. If your inventory source is disabled, you may not be eligible for further participation in the Amobee platform. We may change our policies at any time, and pursuant to your agreement with Amobee, it is your responsibility to keep up to date with and adhere to the policies posted here.
Inventory partners must adhere to these guidelines.
Prohibited: Advertising not allowed under any circumstances. You may not make inventory available in the Amobee platform that contains prohibited content.
Restricted: Advertising inventory may be pre-negotiated or approved per exchange or at the discretion of Amobee.
Prohibited creative content:
- obscene or pornographic material, adult material, adult services, nudity, excessive profanity
- violent content, racial intolerance, discrimination or advocacy against any individual, group, or organization
- illicit drugs or drug paraphernalia
- tobacco, electronic cigarettes, smoking paraphernalia, or medical/recreational marijuana
- promotion of illegal activity, services or content that violate applicable laws
- sale or promotion of weapons, firearms or ammunition
- content that infringes intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyright and trademark rights (see below)
- file-sharing or torrent
- hacking, cracking or any service that exploits weaknesses in a computer system, network or software.
- system errors, alerts or warnings
- phishing or advertisements that seek personally identifiable information (PII)
- counterfeit, fake or bootleg products
- content related to compensation programs where users are encouraged to click on ads or offers, perform searches, surf websites, read emails, or similar activities
- excessive, repetitive, or irrelevant keywords in the content or code of web pages
- promotion of fake documents, copied material, or paper mills
- websites made for the sole purpose of clicking on advertisements
- any ad inventory source with ad impressions generated via plugins and toolbars
- alcoholic beverages
- gambling, including casinos, online gambling lotteries, and other games of chance
- pharmaceuticals, including prescription, OTC, medical services, contraception and sexual enhancement
- weight loss products and services
- political or religious topics
- financial services such as short-term or payday lending
Prohibited creative attributes (Advertising NOT allowed under any circumstances):
- auto-redirect (ad loads and redirects to landing page without user action)
- auto-download (ad loads and downloads file(s) without user action)
- auto-play audio
- malware, spyware, viruses
- excessive shaking or flashing
- animation lasting longer than 15 seconds
- non-functional buttons or non-clickable ads
- multiple advertisers rotating in a single ad tag (arbitrage)
- technologies such as flash cookies, browser helper objects, or HTML5 local storage
- ads built using Adobe Flash that are targeted to Apple’s iOS operating system on in-app inventory
- publisher tags served as demand side creative for the purpose of immediately selling impressions via real-time auctions (arbitrage)
You may not make inventory available on the Amobee platform if the publisher does not have all necessary legal rights to the content made available on that inventory, including but not limited to copyright (e.g., pirated content). For information on the Amobee infringement policy, click here.
Amobee reserves the right not to pay for any inventory that Amobee believes, in its sole discretion, is associated with any type of fraudulent or malicious activity.
Invalid Clicks and Impressions
Page views and clicks on ads must result from human users. Any method that artificially generates clicks or impressions on our ads is strictly prohibited. These prohibited methods include, but are not limited to, repeated manual clicks or impressions, use of robots, automated click and impression generating tools, third-party services generating clicks or impressions such as paid-to-click, paid-to-surf, auto-surf, and click-exchange programs, or any deceptive software. Amobee reserves the right not to pay for any inventory that Amobee believes, in its sole discretion, incents users to click, uses automated means to generate clicks or traffic, or is otherwise suspicious.
Page views and clicks on ads must result from genuine user interest. Amobee does not allow sites utilizing any of the following methods to artificially generate clicks or impressions. In order to ensure a good experience for users and our buyers advertisers, all inventory partners will comply with the following click enticement policy:
- Sites must not incentivize users to click ads, including but not limited to compensation, promises of compensation, and encouraging language (e.g. “support us,” “click the ads,” etc.)
- Sites must not compensate users for performing searches, or promise compensation to a 3rd party for such Behavior
Other Prohibited Types of Fraud:
- Impression Fraud
- Robots generating traffic
- Non-human traffic
- Ghost sites, 1x1 pixel stuffing
- Stacking of ads
- Domain Spoofing
Unwanted Ad Placements
Amobee reserves the right not to pay for any inventory that Amobee believes, in its sole discretion, falls under the Unwanted Ad Placements below.
- Pages with more than 5 ads per page
- Auto Refresh ad placements
- Syndicated video players with content not endemic to the page
- Sound-Off Auto Play In-Banner Video
- Non-Digital Video Ad Placements as defined by the IAB Digital Video Committee (“Digital Video Ads” may appear before [pre-roll], during [mid-roll] and after [post-roll] content). Digital video ads must have content associated pre/mid/post ad.
- Display Pop-ups
- Obscured by elements on a page
- Placed on any non-content-based page
Ad code may not be altered, nor may the standard behavior, targeting, or delivery of ads be manipulated in any way that is not explicitly permitted by Amobee. For example, Sellers may not adjust or alter information that is (a) sent from a client to an exchange tag or ad code or (b) sent from an exchange tag or ad code to a client.