Consumer Opt Out
Last Updated: April 6, 2022
Opt Out of Tailored Advertising from Amobee Advertising Technology (Opt Out Mechanism)
As explained in greater detail in the Amobee Privacy Guidelines, Amobee advertising technology collects various types of non-personally identifiable information (non-PII) to help tailor advertisements you see on websites and in applications on your mobile device. This information may include non-PII browser or device-specific identifiers (such as mobile device advertising identifiers, IP address or your browser’s user agent string), non-PII demographic and interest information provided by third parties, information about the websites and apps that a browser or device interacts with, information about the advertisements a browser or app displays, location data, and other similar information. Amobee advertising technology uses this information to help Amobee business partners identify the audience most likely to respond to a particular ad, to serve those ads, and to analyze trends. Amobee may also aggregate this information and share it with Amobee affiliates and business partners.
- The Amobee Opt Out Mechanism will only opt you out of tailored advertising delivered by Amobee in this browser or in mobile applications on this device (e.g., phones, tablets). It will not opt you out of tailored advertising delivered by Amobee in other devices or in other browsers you use.
- If you opt out, you will still see ads, including contextually tailored ads (i.e., ads tailored to the current website or app you are viewing) and ads based on your current location, they just may not be relevant to your interests. Amobee may also continue to collect and share the information identified above and in its Privacy Guidelines and use such information for purposes other than delivering tailored advertising.
- If cookies are cleared or deleted in your browser, this may inadvertently delete the Amobee opt-out cookie, and you may need to renew your opt-out choice for that browser. Similarly, if your device’s advertising identifier is reset, you will need to renew your opt-out choice for that device. Attempting to clear your cookies or disable cookies in lieu of using the Amobee Opt Out Mechanism may be ineffective, as Amobee uses multiple methods to identify your browser or device.
- Amobee may collect data on browsers that do not support third-party cookies. The Amobee browser opt-out uses first-party cookies. To the extent your browser does not support cookies or you have set your browser to not accept cookies from Amobee, the Amobee browser opt-out may not be effective. The NAI offers a browser opt-out mechanism that also uses first-party cookies which may be effective on browsers that otherwise restrict third-party cookies. Click here to visit the NAI opt-out.
- As described in our privacy guidelines, Amobee uses non-cookie technology as well as cookie-based technology to make online advertising more relevant and for ad delivery and reporting purposes. Our partner LiveRamp has its own opt-out for non-cookie technology. The NAI’s browser opt-out mechanism will tell you whether Amobee is utilizing non-cookie technology on your browser. Click here to visit the NAI opt-out.
- Amobee will not collect cross-device information for profiles from a device, or engage in targeting of cross-device advertisements on the device, after you have opted out of tailored advertising on the device.
Browser Opt Out
Mobile Device App Opt Out
For information on opting out on mobile devices, please see the instructions on the NAI website.
Connected TV Opt Out
For information on opting out on internet connected TV, please see instructions at: https://www.networkadvertising.org/internet-connected-tv-choices.
Opt Out of E-mail Advertising from Amobee
To opt out of e-mail advertising from Amobee, please specify the e-mail address you wish to have opted out here.
Additionally, you may also wish to use the opt-out tools offered by some of the industry groups to which Amobee belongs, some of which are linked to below.
To learn more about your opt out choices more generally and how to opt out of tailored advertising across a number of services, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
For more information on mobile specific opt-out choices, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices.
Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.