Amobee is a technology company that transforms the way brands and agencies make marketing decisions. The Amobee Marketing Platform enables marketers to plan and activate cross-channel, programmatic media campaigns using real-time market research, proprietary audience data, advanced analytics, and more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, and Twitter. Amobee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest communications technology companies in the world which reaches over 640 million mobile subscribers. The company operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
Did you know Amobee is growing? What about the future of Digital Marketing? It is massive. With more devices, more channels and more cross-platform integrations, the most ambitious marketers now ask Amobee for more help. It is a great time to be in the Digital Marketing. It is a great time to join Amobee. We have an outstanding opportunity for a Lead Software Engineer.
If you are passionate about distributed computing, large-scale data pipelines, and real-time processing pipelines over petabytes of data, so is Amobee. If you seek innovation in solving the most challenging problems, you will work on a team of collaborators at Amobee. If your brilliance is in building Data Systems, Amobee is your arena to lead a world-class team of engineers to innovate leading-edge solutions. If this is you, then you are Amobee!
The Lead Software Engineer position in Amobee’s Platform Data team is a hands-on role that contributes to Amobee’s success through leadership in large-scale systems and advanced database architecture. You will leverage the Hadoop ecosystem to create the next generation of our analytics product. Qualified individuals will have a solid background in the fundamentals of computer science, distributed computing, and large-scale data processing.
Because we are a small team, your ability to communicate technical ideas effectively, in oral and written forms, and solve complex problems in a team environment will also be considered.
- Large-scale data ingestion and integration – design, implement scalable ETL processes to collect and store large amount of data from multiple data centers and diverse external partners.
- Design and develop a secure, highly-scalable, reliable, and performant big data platform to consume, integrate and analyze complex data using a variety of best-in-class open-source platforms and tools.
- Real-time query engine – design, implement our state-of-the-art in-memory query engine to bring quick insights to customers
- Predictive analytics – design, implement our analytics platform for our customers to discover potential new consumers
- Design, implement our proprietary cutting edge Hadoop/Spark based systems.
- Technical leadership – own and evolve platform components and mentor other engineers
- Collaboration on requirements – Work with the Engineering, Product Management, and Sales teams to come up with features that would help us and our clients be more productive and improve the bottom line.
- Keep it running – Help troubleshoot application operational issues.
- A degree in Computer Science is preferred
- Proven hands-on experience with Hadoop, Yarn, MapReduce, Spark, Kafka, HBase
- Experience developing robust and scalable data pipelines and underlying technologies
- 5+ years of experience with Java or Scala, experience with C++ or C# is acceptable
- Proficiency in relational and NoSQL databases is preferred
- Experience with AWS and working knowledge of AWS data management, DevOps processes and technologies (Jenkins/Travis, Docker, Kubernetes, monitoring systems, etc) is a plus
- Understanding of analytics, statistics and data science algorithms a plus
- Good understanding of Object Oriented programming and design
- Strong knowledge of common algorithms and data structures.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of modern operating systems and/or application scalability techniques is a plus
- Experience with Linux based operating systems is a plus
- Must be hard working, team oriented, bright, creative, cooperative, and an exceptional problem solver
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic group with a desire to be part of a small, lean and growing team
Location: Redwood City, CA.
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying for the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.
#LI-FO1 #GD INDFO