Bell Media rings in a new era of TV buying and attribution
Unique SAM platform provides advertisers with self-serve access to premium TV inventory
- Develop a self-service platform for buyers that delivers seamless broadcast-quality, premium inventory.
- Enable advertisers to achieve more measurable results from their media dollars.
- Customize and track the performance of TV campaigns against conversions.
- Create a 360-degree tool for advertisers that leverages existing first-party linear data with Advanced TV capabilities.
- Merge household TV-viewing data to determine high-indexing TV audiences across specific programs.
- Enhance campaign granularity by adding linear attribution to the SAM buying system.
Bell Media partnered with Amobee to empower Canadian advertisers with a new way of buying and activating media through data-driven linear TV and attribution capabilities. The first phase of this multi-year partnership focused on the launch of Bell Media’s Strategic Audience Management platform (SAM), a white-labelled Amobee ad-buying system that allows Bell Media advertisers to more efficiently plan their TV-digital buys.
With Numeris, Canada’s preferred measurement currency, and Bell Media’s first-party data, SAM merges household, behavioral, and TV-viewing data to determine high-indexing TV audiences across programs. Advertisers can then build optimal TV schedules to deliver targeted impressions to desired audiences.
Bell Media further developed SAM into a 360-degree advertising platform by layering in Canada’s first-to-market attribution component. Through this offering, the SAM platform customizes advertiser attribution goals and tracks the performance of TV campaigns against digital conversions. Bell Media aggregates and de-identifies its first-party linear attribution data in a privacy compliant way.
Bell Media recently showcased its new attribution capabilities at the 2020 “Homefronts,” with plans to continue to evolve SAM with Amobee as the marketplace develops.