Amobee defines ad content as imagery, text, subject matter, action-related elements, and embedded functionality included in an ad creative. To ensure your ads are accepted by Amobee inventory partners and launch without delay, all advertisers must adhere to the following content guidelines. In addition, it is the responsibility of the advertiser to confirm that all ads are in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and policies of the country and state where the ad will be served.
Failure to comply with the following guidelines may result in the suspension or termination of your account.
Prohibited Ad Content: not allowed under any circumstance
- Obscene or pornographic material, adult material, adult services, nudity, excessive profanity
- Violent content, racial intolerance, or advocacy against any individual, group, or organization
- Illicit drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Tobacco, electronic cigarettes, and smoking paraphernalia
- Promotion of illegal activity, services, or content that violate applicable laws
- Sale or promotion of weapons, firearms, or ammunition
- Content that infringes on intellectual property, copyright, and/or trademark rights
- File-sharing or torrent
- Hacking, cracking, or any service that exploits weakness in a computer system, network, or software
- Fake system errors, alerts, or warnings
- Phishing or advertisements that seek personally identifiable information (PII).
- Counterfeit, fake, or bootleg products
- Auto-redirect (redirects to landing page upon ad load without user action)
- Auto-download (downloads file(s) upon ad load without user actions)
- Auto-play audio
- Malicious activity including malware, spyware, viruses, malicious domains, and other suspicious activity.
- In-banner video rotation
- Excessive shaking or flashing
- Animation lasting longer than 15 seconds (in the US) or 30 seconds (outside the US while in accordance with local IAB guidelines)
- Non-functional buttons or non-clickable ads
- Arbitrage including rotating multiple advertisers’ content within a single ad tag and using publisher tags served as demand-side creative for the purpose of immediately selling impressions via real-time auctions
- Technologies such as Flash cookies, browser helper objects, or HTML5 local storage
- Ads with misleading or outright false information.
Restricted Content: may be pre-negotiated, have Amobee approval, or the approval of the exchange
Please talk to your Amobee account manager before submitting any ads that contain restricted content.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Gambling, including casinos, online gambling lotteries, and other games of chance
- Pharmaceuticals, including prescription, over-the-counter, medical services, contraception, and sexual enhancement
- Medical/recreational marijuana
- Weight-loss products and services
- Political or religious topics
- Financial services such as short-term or payday lending