It may be early days in programmatic, but we’ve made incredible advances in the time I’ve been with Turn. I’m very proud of the work we’ve done, the technology we’ve built and the solutions we’ve created for our clients. At the core of our mission is the knowledge that all marketers are on a quest for truth, which we define as a molecular understanding of their customer and an unbiased view of what works, what doesn't, and why -- for all of their investments.
It is clear that AI and machine-learning technologies are required for long-term solutions to power that quest, because we are dealing with something that is incredibly complicated.
The quest for truth in advertising is multifaceted, and for an ad tech company to help power success and value for clients, there are a few philosophies and strategies, that are truly mission critical. Here are some examples of our vision that have resonated with the marketplace:
- Programmatic is just getting started and it’s going to be more transformative than most understand.
- Modern day marketers have an opportunity to learn a huge amount about their consumers if they're smart about getting their first-party data organized.
- It's critical to have a unified view of your consumer as your brand interacts with them and the only way to do that is by coordinating your buying and messaging across channels and devices.
- The promise of programmatic is one of better interactions with your consumer powered by insights, not just more efficient media. Turn's platform is all about delivering insights.
- Ultimately this is all powered by people. Trusted expertise is critical; partnership is essential; and transparency is the foundation.
Ad tech is evolving in ways few could have predicted some years ago. The partners that will win are the ones who help marketers anticipate how consumer engagement is shifting and help brands connect with their audiences at a molecular level. When I joined Turn 18 months ago, there was a lot of work to be done to refocus the mission and laser-focus on delivering value from our core products and technology. Together, we’ve made great strides to bring truth in advertising to clients around the world. As I move on, I look forward to watching as the team continues to fulfill that mission. It’s early days in programmatic, and it’s just the beginning for Amobee + Turn.