Research from Turn shows that not all agency executives are on the same page regarding digital video advertising.
Eighty-four percent of respondents overall said video is the most effective medium to get a client’s brand message across, but 56% of respondents under 30 believe there are more effective ways to advertise than video.
There were other differences in opinion along the age divide. Only 28% of media agency professionals under the age of 30 considered suppliers’ current viewability standards to be a “key assurance.” Three quarters (76%) of respondents under 30 place ad fraud as a less than crucial concern with respect to video.
For more insights on the research, see coverage from top publications around the world:
- Adweek asks if agency execs of different ages care about the same video metrics.
- Despite industry news calling for more transparency and accountability, the majority of younger agency execs still don’t trust video metrics, The Drum reports.
- Max Knight, VP-Analytics Services, Amobee, penned an opinion column for MediaPost on the new direction millennials are taking digital marketing.
- There’s a renewed focus on inventory quality in the advertising industry. Are agency execs prioritizing the issue? Jonathan Gardner, VP-Communications, Amobee, takes a closer look for the UK’s City AM.
- Warc asks if young agency execs trust the video metrics they are expected to work with.
Founded in 2005, Amobee is an advertising platform that understands how people consume content. Our goal is to optimize outcomes for advertisers and media companies, while providing a better consumer experience. Through our platform, we help customers further their audience development, optimize their cross channel performance across all TV, connected TV, and digital media, and drive new customer growth through detailed analytics and reporting. Amobee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tremor International, a collection of brands built to unite creativity, data and technology across the open internet.
If you’re curious to learn more, watch the on-demand demo or take a deep dive into our Research & Insights section where you can find recent webinars on-demand, media plan insights & activation templates, and more data-driven content. If you’re ready to take the next step into a sustainable, consumer-first advertising future, contact us today.
Read NextAll Blog Posts
How Video Drives Cross-Channel Ad Performance
While display advertising is a tried and true means of targeting users at the buy stage of the consumer journey, cross-channel campaigns, using both display and video ad units, reveal extraordinary efficiencies.
October 20, 2016
Amobee expands video solutions with Twitter pre-roll video
Amobee is among an elite group of partners with access to pre-roll on Twitter, now supporting VAST tags. The improvements to the former Amplify program combine the benefits of Twitter’s targeting with…
June 4, 2016
Making Video More Effective for Marketers
Watch Turn research scientists Sergey Faleev and Jianqiang Shen and director of product management Ethan Lubka explain how Turn algorithms work to balance marketers’ objectives, including viewability and engagement rates and campaign performance goals.
June 27, 2016