2015 was the year that brought us #LeftShark, countless Hotline Bling parodies, and the emergence of DJ Khaled as the premier life coach on social media. But, in between these viral moments, people spent time reading, watching, searching, and posting about their everyday interests, including movies, cars, sports, and politics. Understanding people’s interests and concerns helps marketers connect with them more effectively and efficiently, which is why it’s important to look beyond social media soundbites, and instead, look at the full picture of digital engagement.
Collecting and analyzing data from mobile, video, social, and web, Amobee’s Brand Intelligence platform uncovers topics, people, and events that captured the public’s attention in 2015. The attached report contains an analysis of key moments, events, and celebrities from the entertainment, automotive, sports, and politics verticals. In addition to the analysis by category, there is an exploration of key audiences, including millennials, tech setters, and new parents, and a look at what mattered to them in 2015.
Download a copy of the report.
Key takeaways include:
- Personal vs. Professional Popularity
- For stars in entertainment and athletics, attracting attention related to personal issues is likely to be perceived negatively. However, a mixed off-screen (or off the field) reputation doesn’t impact overall popularity, as demonstrated by continued high engagement with the NFL, and movies with controversial stars.
- Afterglow is just as important as anticipation
- When planning marketing around a major event, many brands focus on the period before the event officially kicks off. But online engagement typically remains high for days – and even weeks – afterwards, presenting a great opportunity to reach an alert audience.
- Your audiences are not as distinct as you think
- New parents read about more than just cribs, and Techies closely follow the Presidential primaries. Nuanced audience analysis is required to reach your customers where they actually are, and not just where you think they’ll be.
Insights about the year’s most influential moments allow brands to better understand their audiences, and when applied on Amobee’s cross channel media platform, reach these audiences and improve campaign performance. To learn more about how to use Brand Intelligence to improve your upcoming initiatives, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founded in 2005, Amobee is an advertising platform that understands how people consume content. Our goal is to optimize outcomes for advertisers and media companies, while providing a better consumer experience. Through our platform, we help customers further their audience development, optimize their cross channel performance across all TV, connected TV, and digital media, and drive new customer growth through detailed analytics and reporting. Amobee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tremor International, a collection of brands built to unite creativity, data and technology across the open internet.
If you’re curious to learn more, watch the on-demand demo or take a deep dive into our Research & Insights section where you can find recent webinars on-demand, media plan insights & activation templates, and more data-driven content. If you’re ready to take the next step into a sustainable, consumer-first advertising future, contact us today.
Read NextAll Blog Posts
Amobee Named One of Top 20 Most Promising Digital Marketing Solutions Providers by CIO Review
CIO Review Magazine View the entire August 2015 issue of CIO Review.
September 4, 2015
CIO Review Selects Amobee for 20 Most Promising Digital Marketing Solution Providers 2015
Amobee was named one of CIO Review’s 20 Most Promising Digital Marketing Solution Providers of 2015 in the technology magazine’s August issue. The annual list highlights the 20 Most Promising Digital…
September 8, 2015
Amobee Acquires Turn
Today, we announced that Amobee has entered an agreement to acquire Turn, a leading multi-channel DSP and DMP with advanced data analytics capabilities serving brands and agencies, at an enterprise va…
February 23, 2017