It’s never been easier to understand audiences, what they’re looking for, and where they’re looking for it. The challenge is to use data gained from programmatic to inform campaigns and create relevant, personalized advertising. A new survey from Turn finds there’s a gap in the flow of information – creatives aren’t getting what they need, and as a result, brands are suffering.
What are the next steps? Universally, brands, agencies and ad tech partners need to push for stronger partnerships and transparency; education and training for teams on the technology; and centralizing, sharing and understanding audience data.
The first step for a brand is to recognize the critical value of their first-party audience data, and work with partners to use it to inform their creative and the entire marketing process. This doesn’t mean “turning over” data to agencies or vendors, it means, for example, working with a data management platform (DMP) to use the data to take an audience-first strategy for marketing.
Highlights from the research include:
- Nine in 10 respondents said data insights are helpful and something they depend on.
- But when asked about their greatest challenges, 35% of respondents said getting the brand to share data-driven insights, and 29% said getting media agencies to share data-driven insights.
- Only 11% of small agency creatives said they’re confident they understand programmatic advertising.
- Fifty three percent of creatives at large agencies are regularly sitting down with media agencies to share insights and coordinate campaign planning.
- Seventy percent of senior creatives said more than half of their work uses data to inform messaging. In contrast, 19% of junior creatives weren’t sure they’d ever seen the word “programmatic” in a creative brief.
See the full report here.
Founded in 2005, Amobee is an advertising platform that understands how people consume content. Our goal is to optimize outcomes for advertisers and media companies, while providing a better consumer experience. Through our platform, we help customers further their audience development, optimize their cross channel performance across all TV, connected TV, and digital media, and drive new customer growth through detailed analytics and reporting. Amobee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest communications technology companies in the world.
If you’re curious to learn more, watch the on-demand demo or take a deep dive into our Research & Insights section where you can find recent webinars on-demand, media plan insights & activation templates, and more data-driven content. If you’re ready to take the next step into a sustainable, consumer-first advertising future, contact us today.
Read NextAll Blog Posts
Marketers Want More from Programmatic
Turn CEO Bruce Falck described three trends he’s seeing now to German publication Onlinemarketing.
September 30, 2016
Programmatic In-House: 3 Keys to Success
Suman Chagarlamudi shares key considerations brands must take when starting to bring programmatic in-house.
December 9, 2015
Beyond the Box: How Programmatic Video Measures Up
More and more consumers in every demographic are watching video online, which means every brand campaign has something to gain from well-executed programmatic strategies. Here are a few ground rules for putting programmatic video to work for your brand.
September 28, 2015